Moving is a long and stressful process. After the moving trucks leave and the dust settles, you can finally relax — but not for long! There is still stuff to unpack, services to set up, and a new city to explore. Getting settled into a new place will take some time. To help you out, here are some resources to review as you get acquainted with your new home in Bismarck-Mandan!
Moving from Out of State
There are a couple of extra things you will have to do if you’re moving to North Dakota from another state.
- Still house-hunting? Verity Homes can help you find or build the perfect home for your family.
- If you own a business, you will need to form an LLC; North Dakota has its own regulations.
- Consider joining the local chamber of commerce.
- Pay a visit to the DMV to update your license and registration.
Make Your Home Livable
Before you can put your feet up in your new home, you will need to set up utilities, enroll your kids in school, and find information on waste disposal.
- Get your curbside containers for garbage and recycling pickup.
- Fill out a utility service agreement to start utilities at your new home.
- Stock your fridge and pantry with groceries from a local supermarket.
- Research and compare the public schools in Bismarck-Mandan.
There’s only so much exploring you can do from home. After moving in, get outside and get to know your new city!
- Step outside and introduce yourself to your new neighbors.
- Spend a couple of days being a tourist in your new city and explore all the local attractions!
- When you need to refuel, try some favorite local eateries and cafes.
Navigating a move requires a lot of time and energy, especially if you’re moving long-distance. Go easy on yourself and take it one step at a time. There are so many resources online that can help you get established in your new city, so be sure to take advantage of all the information out there!
If you’re still looking for a home, consider building instead of buying. Verity Homes can help you build the home of your dreams! Call 701-566-0215.